Recent Changes to the law: The Divorce Act, Bill-C78
This webinar will address:
- The new Best Interests of the child factors which have been added to the Divorce Act;
- Specific inclusion of family violence as a factor in considering a child’s Best Interests;
- Details of how family violence is to be considered per the Divorce Act;
- Requirement for a parent to provide notice of an intended relocation with a child under the Divorce Act; and
- Expanded analysis under the best interest rubric.
This webinar is part of the Family Law Education for Women (FLEW) series, co-presented by Estella Muyinda, Interim Legal Director, METRAC: Action on Violence and guest presenter lawyer, Malerie Rose, Rose Family Law.